Cinnamon Ornament Recipe
- 1 cup of flour
- 1/2 cup of salt
- 1/2 cup of cinnamon
- 3/4 cup of very warm water
- Cooking cutters
- Wax paper
- Acrylic paints
- Ribbon or string
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl and mix well.
- Once combined knead the dough with clean, dry hands. If the dough is a little sticky dust your hands with a bit of flour and knead.
- After a few minutes of kneading you will be left with a wonderful smelling, cinnamon ornament dough.
- Give kids cookie cutters and rolling pins and they will have a blast making their very own cinnamon ornaments.
- Roll the dough out on wax paper to prevent sticking.
- Be sure to pierce a hole in the ornaments before leaving them to dry. This makes stringing them on the tree much easier!
It will take roughly 24 hours for the ornaments to dry. Once dry kids can embellish the ornaments using acrylic paint or you can simply hang them from the tree as is.