1 quart-sized glass jar
1 square cheesecloth or sprout jar (to over lid)
1 rubber band (if using cheesecloth)
1-4 oz. of sprout seeds (alfalfa, green lentils, mung beans, black-eyed peas, radish)
1 roll paper tolls
- Pour 2 teaspoons of sprout seeds into the jar and add enough water to cover the seeds.
- Cover the jar with the cheesecloth and secure with rubber band. Or place the sprouting jar on and tighten. Put the seeds in a cool, dark place such as a cupboard.
- The following day, drain the water into the sink. Pour clean water over the seeds and drain. Then you may set the jar in a sunny place.
- Soak and drain the seeds twice a day for 3-5 days.
- Depending on the variety, around 4 or 5 days the little seedlings should be around 2-3 inches long and ready to eat.
- Try your sprouts plain. What do they taste like? Now add them to a salad or sandwich!