Thanksgiving is right around the corner! This fun and easy activity is a great way to dress up any holiday table, and also makes the perfect little Thanksgiving gift for grandparents, family, and friends.
- Googly eyes or craft eyes
- Glue (hot glue works best)
- Piece of orange foam, cut into small triangle shape for beak (may use orange construction paper as a substitute)
- Red pipe cleaner, cut into small length and curved for wattle
- Colored construction paper (fall colors)
- Turn your pinecone on its side. Glue eyes, beak, and wattle in appropriate locations. Hot glue works best, so be sure to do this with parental supervision and help. Note: the size of the eyes, beak, and wattle will depend on the size of your pinecone.
- Trace your child’s hand on a few pieces of colored construction paper. Cut out and spread apart. Glue to the back of the pinecone as feathers.
*Bonus option: On each finger of the traced hands, have your child write one thing they are thankful for.