Want a fun way for your child to show their love and appreciation to those around them this Christmas? Have them make a homemade Christmas Coupon book! Not only is it an inexpensive gift, but it teaches your child how to serve other people! Plus, believe me, it will mean more to the lucky person who receives a coupon book from your child than anything else they will receive!
What you need:
- Heavy card stock paper (whatever color you want)
- Stapler or 3 Hole Punch
- Markers or crayons
- Optional: Ribbon
For this booklet of kindness, you’ll need some heavier card stock paper to print the coupons on (take your pick of colors) and some card stock for the covers. You’ll also need a little piece of felt to wrap around the binding after you staple the book together.
- First determine who your child is going to make a coupon book for.
- Then, ask your child what are ways in which they can serve whoever it is they are giving their homemade coupon book to. For example, if they are making one for their grandma who loves to garden, they could make a coupon offering to help weed for one hour (or whatever may be age appropriate). The possibilities are endless!
- Depending on the age of the child, you can print off the coupons or let them hand write them.
- Decorate each coupon.
- The number of coupons is up to you! Maybe make a coupon for each month of the year!
- When the coupons are finished, you can either staple or hole punch them and use ribbon to bind.