Need a place to organize all your pencils, markers, crayons and more? Create your very own personalized no-sew pencil pouch using items you probably already have around the house. It’s a fun back-to-school craft for kids of all ages.
- Lay your gallon zip top bag down on a flat working surface.
- Fold the bottom of the bag up towards the top, so that your bag is approximately now half its size. Use a small piece of tape to secure in place. (If you prefer a larger bag, skip this step.)
- Decorate one side of your bag with strips of duct tape. Cut strips approximately one inch longer than the width of the bag. (You will trim this up later.)
- Design the look of your bag however you wish! Cover the bag with tape, except for the zip top.
- Trim the tape that overlaps the bag, but leave about a quarter of an inch to seal the sides later.
- Repeat steps 4 and 5 on the other side of the bag.
- Now, close up and overlap the extra tape on the sides. This creates a sturdy “seam” on the sides of your pouch.
- Fill it up and go!